More than 2,200 members of the United Steelworkers from 12 sites around the country are standing up for good, family-sustaining jobs at Allegheny Technologies. Steelworkers at ATI are working to bargain a new labor agreement with the Pittsburgh-based company that would replace the contract that expired on June 30. Union workers are seeking a contract that would maintain secure, family sustaining jobs at ATI while management is demanding that workers submit to deep cuts that would jeopardize local jobs and undermine the next generation of workers.
Please support the Steelworkers at ATI by signing this petition: Steelworkers Petition
Interesting Reading – New York’s Transmission Challenges: NY Transmission
New Web Site Information: New Web Site
Who We Are
Local Union 97 represents approximately 4700 workers representing the following companies:
- Brookfield Power NY Hydro
- Exelon Generation, Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station, LLC
- Entergy Nuclear Northeast, Entergy Nuclear Operations, Inc., James A. Fitzpatrick Station
- New York Independent System Operator, Inc.
- Niagara Mohawk – A National Grid Company
- NRG Energy Inc.
- Dunkirk Operations LLC
- Huntley Operations LLC
- Oswego Harbor Power Operations LLC
- Public Service Electric & Gas, Albany Steam Station
- Service Employees Benefit Fund
- St. Lawrence Gas Company, Inc.
- Town of Worcester Highway Department
We hope you find these pages informative. Feel free to offer suggestions on how to improve these pages.
Organize electrical workers to promote reasonable methods of work, secure employment, reduce hours of daily labor, secure adequate pay for work, and to seek a higher standard of living and security for members. To cultivate feelings of friendship among those of our industry. To assist each other in sickness and distress, and by legal and proper means, to elevate the moral, intellectual, and social conditions of our members, their families, and dependents in the interest of a higher standard of citizenship.